Powered by Blogger.

a productive summer morning

by - 7:00 PM


Mornings are farrrrr from one of my favourite things but I do spend most of my days home alone which can very often result in me sitting in bed for hours on end watching Netflix and stuffing my face with Doritos. I struggle with depression so this is honestly one of the worst things I could do to myself as I end up in a rut of no motivation and hopelessness so for that reason, I've developed a fairly flexible morning routine to help me be as productive as I possibly can during summer.



9AM: I usually wake up at around 9:00 am and start off my day by putting on my 'mellow morning' playlist on Spotify and scrolling through social media until I've woken up properly, or at least until I've decided I'm too hungry to sit in bed any longer.



10AM: Once I've finally dragged myself out of bed I'll open up my curtains and windows then make my bed before heading downstairs to get my daily caffeine fix and breakfast. Recently I've been having my breakfast outside as the weather has been SO good. I take this time to just sit quietly and chill before my day starts. 

11AM: By 11 I usually like to be writing out a 'To-Do' list to help me keep track of what I've got to do for the day. I like to use the app 'Any.do' for this as it keeps on top of things and as it's on your phone it's always accessible. Once I've written out my to-do list I spend half an hour or so doing some yoga. 

12AM: After I've done some form of physical activity I hop into the shower, wash my face, brush my teeth and start preparing for the day. If I've washed my hair then I'll most likely put it up into some french braids to reduce the amount of heat I'm using on it before moisturising my face and doing my makeup. Once my hair and makeup are done I'll get changed and sort out anything I'll need for the day ahead. 




This is what my mornings usually look like with a few minor differences on different days. I find it incredibly important to get up and get ready even if I'm not planning on going out. It helps me feel motivated to work at home and be productive rather than sitting in bed watching Netflix for hours on end (although I definitely still do this sometimes!)

what's your favourite part of your morning routine? I personally love sitting outside with my coffee.

You May Also Like

0 comments